CE Expiration: 09/20/2021, 11:59 PM ( ET )
• CAUTI101: Overview of CAUTI Prevention
Provides background information on the impact CAUTI has on patients, the pathogenesis of CAUTI and strategies to prevent CAUTI.
• CAUTI102: Appropriate Use and Prompt Removal of Indwelling Urinary Catheters
Outlines the importance of only placing indwelling urinary catheters when necessary and ensuring they are removed as soon as clinically possible. Additionally, this module highlights tools and strategies to ensure appropriate catheter use and removal.
• CAUTI103: Alternatives to the Indwelling Urinary Catheter
Reviews alternatives to indwelling urinary catheters to consider using prior to catheter insertion. This module also shares tools to avoid unnecessary catheter use and improve clinical decision-making.
• CAUTI104: Indwelling Urinary Catheter Insertion and Maintenance
Reviews interventions to include in indwelling urinary catheter insertion and maintenance bundles and highlights the importance of proper catheter insertion and care as a means to prevent CAUTI.
• CAUTI105: A Culture of Stewardship: Antibiotic Stewardship Starts with the Urine Culture
An overivew of antibiotic stewardship and lab testing stewardship and how they play a crucial role in CAUTI.
• CAUTI201: Using the Guide to Patient Safety (GPS) and Targeted Assessment for Prevention (TAP) to Assess CAUTI Prevention Efforts
Reviews using the CAUTI GPS and the TAP to establish focused goals and evaluate possible barriers to implementation of CAUTI prevention strategies. This module introduces the Tier 2 CAUTI prevention strategies.
• CAUTI202: Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) Tier 2 Interventions
Outlines Tier 2 CAUTI prevention strategies and how to implement these more complex interventions. These strategies include conducting catheter rounds with targeted education to optimize appropriate use, feeding back infection and catheter utilization metrics to frontline staff in “real-time,” observing and documenting competency of catheter insertion and performing a full root cause analysis of every CAUTI.